Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Finished at Last



I am very happy to report that I have finally gotten both my 4 by 4 Fatbook pages and my ATCs for the swap hosted by Bee Shay for ArtFest finished and mailed off. Whew! What a relief it was to have both of those packages off and away, and then to hear that both had arrived safely. It hung over my head while I was south with Annie and family that the deadlines were fast approaching. I did manage to finish the little teddy bears for the ATCs while I was with them. (Finding time for sitting and cutting out and assembling things when taking care of a two-year-old and a newborn isn't easy! How soon we forget just how much energy the little ones suck out of their caregiver each day.) I came home last weekend exhausted. I am now getting caught up on my sleep, if not my chores.

I am happy with the ATCs. I like the little bear and had fun "designing" her clothes. The name, of course, comes from Teesha and Tracy Moore, hence TT Teddy. The theme for ArtFest this year is 'A Walk in the Woods' and for some odd reason all I could think of was that old song, The Teddy Bears' Picnic. That's where the idea for the teddy bear paper doll came from, I think....maybe not. The inner working of my mind is a scary, scary place and not one I really want to poke around in too much or too often.


Little TT should be well prepared for the journaling party down at the beach on Thursday night.


It was nice to arrive home to weather I associate with winter, rather than the 70 degree plus weather I left in San Diego. (Annie and I took Alex to LegoLand on Saturday and it was hot!) There have been two hummingbirds hanging around in the front yard in the flowering quince and I got lucky and got a shot of one of them the other day. He actually (she?) sat still for me. I can see that spring will come again as the crocus are coming up fast and the daffodils are pushing their way out of the ground, too. The early primroses are all beginning to bloom and the hellebores are all blooming, too. I am especially fond of a white one I got at the Flower and Garden show last year. I love the way the berries look when they are dripping with rain. The garden smells lush right now, full of promise. I am getting excited about having a vegetable garden agan this year as I don't have any long trips planned for the summer months. I have missed all my varieties of lettuce and the taste of home grown tomatoes. I think I'll try a few pumpkins this year, too. Maybe I will be able to provide Emma and siblings with their own Jack O'Lantern come October.

No comments: