Monday, March 02, 2009

Lovely visit with Gwen

My friend Gwen came to visit today. I am sad to admit it, but we live, maybe, twenty minutes away from each other and this is the first time we have gotten together outside of ArtFest or the like. It was such a pleasure to spend some time with her. Gwen brought along several of her art journals to share and I am so impressed! She attended PLAY, an art journaling retreat that is put on by Teesha and Tracy Moore (who bring us ArtFest each year, bless their hearts!). Gwen did amazing work and I love her journal featuring hands. I have a bad case of journal envy! I'm going to have to seriously consider attending PLAY in 2010.

Be sure to check out Gwen's blog, HealingBalancePassion for more information on PLAY and some photos of her beautiful work.

Below are a few photos of my journal in progress.I have been working on my travel journal for my up-coming cruise. (Yes, I know. Poor me! NOT!) I leave on Thursday and will be gone most of the month.) I've been trying to get some pages painted with some sort of background color and I had notes on several of the islands in the Caribbean that I'll be visiting that I wanted to enter into the journal. I had a lot of fun working on two two-page spreads this last weekend. Now I have to figure out exactly what art supplies I'll be hauling on the cruise with me. Watercolors, permanent black pens, a couple of rubber stamps, some ephemera I've been amassing for the journal.....but what else? Should I take the few pieces of beach-y/boat-y scrapbook embellishments that I found floating around in the art closet? I could use 'em up that way.... do I have room for anything more?

1 comment:

diane b said...

It is nice to have friends visit with similar interests. You never get stuck for words. Your Journal looks fab. Old worldy appearance. My you must be getting excited about your trip. Do you think you will get much time for J. writing. I only had a few minutes before I fell into bed. So I used that as a draft and put on the embelishments when I got home. I have a nephew living in St Lucia.