Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm Taking an Online Watercolor Journaling Class


I decided to take an online watercolor journaling class to get ready for my upcoming trips to Hawaii (February) and China (end of April). The best way to improve your art is, of course, to practice. I've been having a lot of trouble getting myself motivated to make some art, any kind of art, so I decided that if I spent some good hard cash on a class, I was much more likely to actually put pencil to paper and DO something

I found this class, taught by Jane LaFazio on the Joggles site. (Joggles has a whole slew of interesting classes. Check them out!) The class is called "Sketching and Watercolor: Journal Style: on Location" and is in six parts. You get a lesson a week. I like Jane's art and her teaching style is one that resonates with me. Our first assignment was to draw a key or key ring so I pulled out my bunch o'keys and got to it. Maybe not my best effort but a pleasant way to spend an hour or so on a Friday night.

2 comments:

diane b said...

A good way to get motivated. I joined a camera club to try and get motivated to learn to use my camera better.
The keys a great. You've got the silver colour well. Wow...Hawaii and China. A good year for you.

Meri said...

China! I'm so envious. . . it sounds so ancient and exotic. And I'm always impressed at those of you who have the inclination to engage in art journals, particularly when traveling.