Friday, October 21, 2011

My New Ride


I've been looking at bicycles for a while now.  I had pretty much settled on getting myself a Public bicycle when lo!  And behold!  I found the very one I had decided upon on sale!


It was exactly the right color.


One of the things I most admired about the Public bikes is that you have the option of having it shipped 99% assembled.  Not being a bicycle mechanic the thought of trying to put one of these babies together made me blanch, but only having to put on the handle bars, the pedals and the seat?  That's within my skill range!


It has a back rack and I have the front rack for it, too, I just haven't gotten it on the bike yet.  There is a nifty basket, with spring-loaded clips, that snaps onto the rack so I can go get those few items I ran out of or forgot to buy at the grocery store without  having to fire of The Blue Beast.  (I love my car but I don't need to use it all the time....)

I took my new ride for a short spin yesterday afternoon after the twenty minutes or so it took me to get it totally assembled, and it is a dream to ride.  I'm going to be having some fun on this thing.  Just keep your fingers crossed that I don't crash and burn!  It's been quite a while since I did any serious bike riding and I think I'm going to need a little time to get back in the habit.


4 comments:

Grove Street Journal said...

It is beautiful!

diane b said...

You are courageous getting back into the saddle. Good for you! She is a beauty. What is the meaning of 'Public Bike"?

carol said...

Right on! I didn't learn to ride one until I was 35. I don't get a chance to ride mine now as much as I'd like. Your's is a beauty. Have fun.

Peggy said...

I love your bike! Had never heard of Public Bikes before. Guess I'm sort of out of it, but have been thinking about getting one so thanks for this...