Monday, December 19, 2011

Snowmen Spotted!


Snowmen have been spotted!  Christmas must be fast approaching.....


Several years ago there was an article in Cloth, Paper, Scissors detailing how to make these little snow people out of bottles and paper clay.  Sue Pelletier is the creative genius behind these cute little people.  I, of course, do not have the time to be making such a mixed media project.  I am getting ready for my family, who arrive tomorrow.....

....but then the clever people at Joggles not only had a video on their website about making the snowpeople, but they went so far as to collect all the materials needed to create them and put it in a kit....


And I was sunk.  I ordered.  The box came.  I spent two days over the weekend making a huge mess and having a great, grand time.  I now have a selection of snowpeople, all in quite amazing  hats, to place here and there around the house.  I am guessing these will be a big hit with the grands!


They certainly are a hit with me.  I had the best time.  I was up to my elbows in Diamond Dust and eyelash trim and paper clay....not to mention acrylic paint, brads, copper sheeting....


Totally useless.  Totally time consuming.  Totally darling (to my eye).  And fun.  Lots and lots of fun.



Here's to you and your Holiday!  May it be filled with surprises, family and friends and most of all, fun!


I hope we are all smiling such a big ol' smile during the upcoming festivities.  (And I wouldn't mind a festive, over-the-top chapeau, either!

2 comments:

diane b said...

For someone with little time you sure made hay ,I mean lots of little snow people. I'm sure they will be a hit with the grands. You must be excited with the family coming. have a great time.

kareninkenai said...

What absolute fun and great recycling, too. For sure the grandkiddos will "love" your snowmen. Thanks for the Christmas Card - you do such lovely work. It was my first to arrive. I am very blessed and haven't gotten any out yet. Karen