Monday, February 13, 2012

Jet Lag Cubed


Jambo!

I am home from Africa.  I had the most amazing time and felt like I had made a left turn somehow into an African animal documentary on The Nature Channel!  Every day there was some new, amazing thing to see and experience.  I loved every minute of my time in Kenya and Tanzania and I feel very blessed to have been able to take such trip.

superb starling
The only downside to my incredible trip is the jet lag.  I have never, ever, had such a hard time adjusting to my own time zone.  I seem to only be able to stay asleep until some dark, cold, lonely time between 2 and 5 AM.  I am walking around in a fog most of the time and not moving very quickly or getting things done in my usual manner.  And, yes, I know I have no right to complain!


All of this is just me trying to explain why it will take a few more days before I have a proper first blog post about  my time in Africa.  I am mostly through editing my photos but I still  need to get my notes and travel journal in order so I can explain where I went and what I did.

hippo pool
I thought that you, Dear Reader, might like a little preview of some of the animals I was so lucky to see and photograph.


I still have to pinch myself to be sure I'm not dreaming all of this...that it really happened and that I really, truly got to see all these species, these places and meet these people.

Zanzabar 
My tan is fading.  My eyes are droopy.  My head is fuzzy with lack of sleep.....but I am so happy to have been on safari and so happy to be able to share some of my experiences with you.

nutmeg with mace covering
Soon.  I promise.  More is coming.....soon!
vervet monkey

3 comments:

diane b said...

ugh Jet lag spoils a good holiday. Drink lots of water. try hard to stay awake in daylight hours. The animal pics are superb. How lucky you were.

Michele Attaway said...

Can't wait to see all the pics and hear about your adventure!

kareninkenai said...

fabulous photos and welcome home; can't wait to see all of the pics and your journals. love and hugs from Alaska. Am so thrilled that you had such a great time. Karen