Wednesday, November 27, 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING



Grace
I don't want you to just sit down at the table.
I don't want you to just eat and be content.
I want you to walk out into the fields
Where the water is shining and the rice has risen.
I want you to stand there far from this white tablecloth.
I want you to fill your hands with mud, like a blessing.


                                                Mary Oliver
My very best wishes for you and your families, no matter where you are or if you even celebrate Thanksgiving. We all need to be grateful for our blessings. I am!

2 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Thank you dear Shelley for this lovely post. Counting down the days until our next meeting. ((hug))

diane b said...

I am grateful for waking every morning and being healthy so many of my friends aren't so lucky.