Wednesday, December 24, 2014

December 24th


It's that day, the day little children dream of, yearn for, even ache for.  It's Christmas Eve!  I used to be all a-quiver on the 24th, from the instant I opened my eyes to the last conscious moment before giving myself over to sleep.  The sheer anticipation of the day was palatable.


Now, these many years later, I am not in such a state of excitement and anticipation, but still....this day is special to me and my family.  It's special to many people, many families.


No matter what your beliefs, no matter what your special holidays, please accept my wish for a happy and healthy 2015 for you and your family.  As the northern hemisphere moves, slowly, out of the long darkness marked by the Winter Solstice, and into the light, may that light fill us all, everyone, with peace, tolerance and understanding.

3 comments:

jacki long said...

Beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and your family! ♥

diane b said...

A lovely message to all. Hope you have a fun day with your family.

Pilgrim said...

Happy HoIiday Season to you my friend.