Saturday, June 14, 2008

Edmonds Arts Festival



The Edmonds Arts Festival is in full swing! If you are in the neighborhood, I can not encourage you enough to come on down and have fun. The above photo was taken last night about 8:30 and we still had lots of people eating, shopping, dancing at the main stage to an incredible salsa band, having a glass of wine up on the Plaza at the Wine Bar and Bistro and enjoying our three galleries of juried art. I think the photography gallery is especially good this year---after all, two of my photos are included! The festival hours are from 10 AM to 8 PM today, Saturday, and from 10 AM to 6 PM tomorrow.
There is a children's area with many make-n-take projects for the little ones. The children have their own stage with entertainment throughout the day (hours are from 10 to 8 today and 10 to 6 tomorrow for the Kids Corner). And don't miss the Student Art which is located on the lower level of the Frances Anderson Center. The finest artwork from many local schools is on display and the sheer mass of talent these young artists show is overwhelming. Student art is my favorite area of the whole festival.
If you do come, stop by room 208 (the Volunteer Center) in the Frances Anderson Center and say hi to me. That's where I spend my time.*
*The above ad brought to you by the co-director of Volunteers....moi!

No comments: