Sunday, March 16, 2014

Results from Encaustic Printing Class


I took another printing class today at the Schack Art Center in Everett.  The instructor this time was Deborah Kapoor, who regularly teaches at Bellevue College.  It was a great class and I had a great time experimenting with encaustics and mark making on paper.  I have only done a very little work with encaustics and what little experience I have was with cold wax encaustic.  Working with hot wax today was a totally new thing for me and lots of fun.



I am not sure how I feel about any of the pieces I did today.  The one thing I am sure of is that it was fun!  I expect I will be trying encaustics with print making again soon.


2 comments:

diane b said...

They are pleasing on the eye as well as you having fun. I especially like the second one.

john said...

It is obvious that you had lots of fun. I love your results. The colors are amazing. Can't wait to see some of your work in person.