Monday, April 28, 2014

Brian's Round Robin Journal Spread


My good friend John asked me to take part in a round robin journal that he is hosting and I agreed.  It's a real stretch for me as I do not usually work in collage.  Of course, the first journal I received belongs to a man who does stunningly beautiful work that I admire greatly, Brian Kasstle.  No pressure, no, no pressure at all....


I finally wised up and realized that all I can do is create something that I like, that I'm proud of, and just hope for the best for it to be well received.  The fun of a round robin is that  you end up with a journal in which the other artists have created a special, one-of-a-kind piece just for you, in your journal.

I chose to use images of the American artist Jim Dine.  I adore his work and have been a big fan for many years now.  His self portraits are so beautiful and unique that I thought they would make a fitting focal point for this spread.  In the end, I'm happy with what I created.  It was fun to do and I really enjoyed picking the images to use.  Mr. Dine is a prolific artist and there are so many wonderful images to chose from.



2 comments:

john said...

Well, you have created special in every one of your journals and in the RR ones that we have participated in. Just doing what you do is a joy to receive.

diane b said...

The textures look great.