Saturday, December 20, 2014

500th Post!



I just happened to glance at the right place on the Blogger dashboard this afternoon and saw that I had already posted 499 times.  That's a lot, it seems to me, and the 500th, while not of much note to anyone but myself, needed to be mentioned.


Christmas is almost upon us and there are signs of it everywhere.  My little town on Puget Sound even has a Christmas trolley on the weekends.  I plan to ride on it tomorrow.  Not too sure why I feel compelled to do so, but I do and so I will.


I have been baking like crazy.  I made chocolate salami, a favorite of my friend John's.  


John and I met the other day for our monthly "show and tell."  We met in an round robin last year and discovered we have a love of art in common and we like to get together and talk about making art if we can't actually get together and make art.  

I used Waterlogue app to get this effect.

Nonie and I went to see A Christmas Story last week and they had this wonderful photo op bunny suit in the lobby.  Nonie couldn't resist.  I'm glad she didn't.  I can see that this snapshot is going to be one of my favorite photos of Christmas 2014.


In honor of my starting Spanish classes this past autumn I made Mexican butter cookies, decorated with sugar crystals in the colors of the Mexican flag.  They are delicious and will be a staple of my holiday baking from now on.

I hope your Holiday is gearing up to be wonderful.  I wish all of you the very best, now and for all of 2015.


5 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Congratulations on your 500th post.

jacki long said...

Congratulations Michele, 500 is indeed a big deal and I enjoyed this holiday post thoroughly! I pulled off the photo of John, as I think it is excellent. You in the bunny suit is definitely a keeper. Thanks again for you card to me, and I hope my recycled one to you had arrived? Have a wonderful holidays and a Happy, Healthy 2015! ♥

john said...

Wow! That is something to celebrate. Now I have to look to see how many I have.

I loved our Starbuck's afternoon. I especially loved spending time just chatting away about so many topics. Thanks for the vintage photos once again. I already have begun using them. :-)

Merry Christmas!

tgarrett said...

Wow that's a lot of posts! That is a terrific picture of John. Hey he told me you registered for the class!!!! I so hope we get enough to run the class- Merry Merry

diane b said...

Congrats on 500 posts and I have enjoyed many of them. You have been busy this Christmas.Chocolate salami????looks delicious but I've never heard of it.