Tuesday, July 29, 2008

GG Meets Her New Grandbabies

My mother-in-law, henceforth to be known as GG, finally got to meet her first great grandson, Ian. Six months old now and she'd never had an opportunity to see him in person nor hold him. I am happy to report that void has been filled. Last Sunday we ventured over to Don & Kellie's to visit them all, but especially so that GG could meet (and hold) The Twins. I know that GG enjoyed herself and so did I.
I am a very lucky woman as I won the Mother-in-Law stakes. I know that many women have troubled relationships with their husband's mothers, but that has never been true for me. I have adored my mother-in-law from the very first time I met her. She has treated me with nothing but love and kindness from the very start, way back in 1967. I love her with all my heart.

Beautiful but tired Kellie. (Can you imagine how exhausting it must be to handle all those middle of the night feedings---for twins? Makes me tired just thinking of it.)

And since I am now a mother-in-law I would like to state that I have also been exceedingly lucky with the choices my children have made for spouses. Chris is wonderful and Kellie is divine. I couldn't be happier with the wonderful people my children have brought into our family. I know, I know, all this sweetness is unlike me....but sometimes you just have to say it out loud for the world to hear! When you're as lucky as I have been, you better be grateful. And I am, I am.

And here is Chris, he of the kind heart, "gigantic cranium" and wacky humor. He's not too hard on the eyes, either!

2 comments:

MomPhD said...

Wow, that's sure a lot of babies!!! Oh wait, one of them's mine. I forgot. AGAIN.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your new profile photo! sooo cool. you need to post a big one on your blog, or make it your banner. I saw you found notmassproduced..isnr she da bomb??? now show us yer art...