Monday, August 04, 2008

Finished, Finally

I am ashamed to say that I have just finished my journal entry into the latest Sensual Journal round robin journal. I have been a sloth! Once I figured out what I was going to do I could not seem to motivate myself to actually do the art. No excuses, I'm just in total sloth mode, I guess. At any rate, I did finally get it done and I'm happy with it. Well, moderately happy, that is!

The theme of this journal is What Lies Beneath. It took me quite a while to come up with a workable idea for this and when it finally occurred to me I was very pleased. Years and years and years ago, when I was young and my children actual children, each summer we would go to the ocean and camp out for a week or two. The surf on the Washington coast is treacherous (as it can be most places) and I warned my darlings over and over to never enter the water without me or an approved adult. I told them, repeatedly, about the under tow and the horrors of being pulled out to sea by a strong current. I scared the liver out of them!


And one day I overheard them discussing my warnings and the consequences that might arise if they ignored my rules---the Dreaded Undertoad would get them!!!


Ah, yes....the dreaded undertoad. Certainly a creature that lies beneath....

1 comment:

MomPhD said...

I guess you even scared your way down to the next generation. Alex is now terrified of the ocean. Or perhaps those paternal genes are stronger than I thought.