Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Phew!

Finally I have finished my 60 fatbook pages for the Portland 2009 Art & Soul fat book. I didn't think I would ever get them done and the deadline is quickly approaching. I had to get them done and this evening, while watching (well, mostly listening) to the Olympics I managed to finish them up. I will get them packed up tomorrow night and will mail them on Friday. I am so relieved.The theme for this book is Romance of the Sea and I like my cards. Simple but evocative, I think. The photo of the Tall Ship is one I took in Victoria, BC at the Tall Ship Festival in 2005. Jen came home for a very short visit last weekend and brought her friend Chris. It was a real pleasure to meet him and to have the chance to get to know him a little bit. Chris was very involved in Jen's training for the Coeur d'Alene Ironman as he also took part (and had an excellent finishing time, too, I might add!). DH and I are happy that our "girl" has found such a nice young man. It was fun to take Jen to meet her two newest nieces. Spike (Abigail) and Squeaker (Olivia) were very nice to their Aunt Jen and didn't scream or spit up or act up in any way. Their big sister Emma was very entertaining and had lots of fun playing with the gift of paper bag puppets that Aunt Jen brought to her.While Chris and Jen were here we took a stroll through the Taste of Edmonds and Chris had to try the climbing wall game. He reported that it was harder than it looked from the ground and that the hand holds were extremely greasy. Kudos to him for making it as far up the wall as he did!It was great to have Jennie home but it was much too short a visit! The two days she was here flew by at the speed of light.


1 comment:

Jo McQueen said...

I spent a lot of time looking at your blog and it is WONDERFUL. I love your photography. Thanks so much for sharing. Some day I will actually start posting in my blog. www.thequeensdresserdrawers.blogspot.com. Thanks Jo