Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Train has left the Station....


As one of the Board members of the Edmonds Arts Festival always says, "The train has left the station and there be a Festival whether we are ready or not." I say it's the beginning of Hell Week....

For the last two days we have been accepting art that has been juried into our show. It's a boring process, to be honest, as the artists sort of dribble in, one here, three there, and in the interim, you sit and wait. I am not good at sitting and waiting. I get antsy and scattered and grumpy. (This is, most assuredly, not a good thing for a volunteer director, but hey, I'm one half of what they have got for volunteers!) We now have a lull until Wednesday evening when the Preview Party takes place. I have things to do all week, but not so much that involves the public. Starting with the Preview Party, however, it's GO GO GO.

The juried show this year is going to be great. The art that has come in is amazing. If you are in the Edmonds area next weekend, the 18th through the 20th, be sure and come see for yourselves. Besides wonderful art in the juried galleries we have live entertainment, a children's area where the younger ones may make art of their own and have a great time doing so, a wine grotto to soothe your thirst, over 20 different food vendors, and approximately 250 vendors selling their arts and crafts (paintings, photography, jewelry, clothing, foodstuffs, candles, garden art, pottery and on and on and on) on both the main field and the library plaza. Entry into the Festival is FREE!

It is going to be a GREAT Festival.

2 comments:

Grove Street Journal said...

My favorite photo ever. I wonder who took it? ; )

Gwen said...

Hmmm, I think I recognize that photo, too! It blew me away when I first saw it, too!