Monday, October 06, 2014

Beautiful Day in Seattle in October


I took a friend into downtown Seattle this afternoon to a medical appointment.  The doctor was on the 8th floor of an office building and when we walked out of the elevator and into the reception area, this was the view we saw.  It was a spectacular day here in the Pacific Northwest and the view out to the north stopped me cold.  It was beautiful...and unexpected.


I had quite a wait for my friend and to amuse myself I tried to do a little watercolor of part of the view. I only had a very, very small pad of paper; it measured only 2 by 3 inches.  I am not much of an urban sketcher, as you can certainly tell from the result, but I passed the time happily looking out of the window, enjoying the view.

Don't you carry your watercolor paints, a water brush and a small pad of watercolor paper around with you?  No?  Huh.  Well, I do!


I was just enthralled with how clear it was and how far I could see.  I took these photos with my phone and on a whim I ran this one through my Waterlogue app.  I love the result!


3 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Great Sketch. I love what you did. The colors are perfect and I dod get the effect of a day in Seattle. Bravo XO

john said...

What a fantastic way to pass the waiting time! Skill comes with practice and you are well on your way and you had fun, too. :-) You are so brave my friend.

Cate Rose said...

Gee, until I read carefully, I thought the 2nd painting was YOURS, not your phone's! Beautiful anyway, and I like yours, too. And the wonderful photos of a beautiful place on a splendid day.