Saturday, July 26, 2008

Raspberry Season

At the Edmonds Summer Market today were some perfect raspberries. Now, I am tired today. Really, really tired. My darling Annie and family left for home at 8 this morning and I will admit that the two weeks they were here were wonderful, delightful, precious....and tiring. I love my daughter, my son-in-law and my Alex and my Ian, but I'm tired. A good tired but----well----tired. Do not, Dear Reader, think this is just whining. It is not, I promise. I'm just explaining why I walked past the booth with the perfect raspberries several times without buying any. I tried to ignore the siren song they were quietly singing. I tried not to see how red and plump and juicy they looked. I tried really, really hard not to smell that delectable perfect raspberry aroma. I finally just had to admit that I was going to go buy three half flats and that I was going to go to the grocery store and get pectin and sugar and more jars. I had to make raspberry jam. I had to!

So I went to the grocery store and bought what I needed. And went to the EAF Hen party and had a fine time with my friends, sippin' wine, chatting and eating some amazing food. Then I walked home. I put off making the raspberry jam because I was tired. I asked Nonie to come eat left overs with me. She did. We did. I still didn't make the jam.

Nonie went home to let me go to bed early. I tried. I really did. But there on the counter were three half flats of perfect raspberries....singing the "oh, we would make such perfect jam if only some lazy soul would get up and make some jam!" So I did.

I got eleven pints of jam from the three half flats.

And I made some really, really, REALLY perfect raspberry jam. I did. And won't I be glad in November!

Sigh.

2 comments:

MomPhD said...

Ugh. Blogger ate my comment. It was brilliantly sarcastic and shall never be equalled.

Where's my jam???

Love a

Anonymous said...

Good thing I just had breakfast..mm... to be able to purchase THAT many raspberries. They are like gold here.. delicious... and to have the time to make jam. There is love in every jar.