Thursday, February 16, 2012

Art House Co-op Exchange



I am taking part in an Art House Co-op 4 x 6 exchange.  I have been following the Art House Co-op activities for a while now, and have thought about taking part in their sketchbook project, but never got around to it.  It's been too long since I did any painting, so on a whim (and before I could chicken out!) I signed up.


My sister-in-law Gwen gave me an Indian carved wooden fabric stamp for Christmas.  I have been eyeing it of late, wondering how to use it.  This challenge seemed the right time, so I added modeling paste over a layer of gesso on heavy 300 pound watercolor paper and stamped away.  I love the texture it adds.


I also used another gift, a small travel pallet that fits inside a CD case and has a little pad of pallet paper cut to fit.  Nonie gave it to me and it's remarkably useful.  This is the first time I've pulled it out, but it will be in heavy rotation now that I know how useful and convenient it is.  Thanks Nonie and Gwen!

I'm working away on those pesky African photos.  A post will be up soon....




No comments: