Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Early Morning---Chennai (Madras)



It is a long, long way from Seattle to Chennai, India.  A long way.  Three flights, 18 hours plus.  We arrived at 1 o'clock AM.  I woke early and was rewarded with sunrise over the Bay of Bengal.  It was beautiful.



We were booked into a very nice hotel in the Chennai area, the Vivanta by Taj Fisherman's Cove.   The hotel has a wonderful beach and I enjoyed an early morning stroll.  I watched a man fishing with a throw net, something I don't remember ever seeing before.  He was very good and caught a few fish while I was watching.  He made it look easy!




Later, after she woke up, Nonie came down to the beach and we enjoyed a nice walk.  It felt so good to get some exercise and breathe in the fresh sea air.  After 18 hours on a plane, fresh air is greatly appreciated.



The gardens at the hotel were beautiful and there were lots of crows.  I am a fan of crows so this made me  happy.



We didn't get to enjoy a swim, but I did admire the pool.  It looked very inviting.  It was about 50 degrees F warmer in Chennai than in Seattle so it took some getting acclimated.

No comments: