Monday, May 13, 2013

Wood Block Printing Class---Day 2


my block with the second color of ink applied

This is a continuation of my reduction wood block printing class that I took at the Schack Art Center in Everett this past weekend.  If you missed the first post you can find it here.

Betsy Best-Spadano was the instructor.  She was wonderful!


Here's my block just about to be run through the engraving press.


This is what the block looked like when it was removed from the printing press....


...and here is what the print looked like as I peeled it off the block.  Two out of four colors were now printed.

\

My block began to look used, as each successive color was printed.  I love how it looks as it gets inked and then reduced some more.


And here are the prints with all four colors printed.  I am very happy with these.  I wish that it would have been possible to have done a larger run, but with 8 other people needing to ink and print their blocks, a small run was all that was possible.  I can't wait to do more printing!  I had a wonderful weekend.  Just what I wanted for Mother's Day!


Our instructor, Betsy Best-Spadano, did her own blog post about the class.  If you are interested, you can read it here.

1 comment:

john said...

Well, I was fortunate enough to see these prints during my monthly meeting at Starbuck's with Michele. These prints are superb. I was sitting looking at them while Michele told me bought the process and as I coveted them I thought, " I would love to have one of these prints." Well guess what? Michele gave me one. I feel so honored....I also guess mental telepathy works!:-) Thanks Michele.