Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Blogger is Born


So, there I was, reading these blogs and thinking, "Gee....I could do that. I could. I should. Maybe I will." Since keeping a journal has become so much a part of my life, it seems a natural progression to start keeping a blog---just a new form of journaling and one that I can share with family and friends. This feels like jumping off a cliff, but I have been doing a lot of things lately that feel that way. I'm (almost) getting used to that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.

There are so many people I met at ArtFest 2006 who keep blogs. It was an eye opening experience to start reading what others have been doing, what they are exploring in their art, how they write and what they write about. I'm not sure that this will be of any interest to anyone, including myself, but it seems like a good time to try it on for size. Reading the production blog for the 1000 Journals film project and getting a real feeling for the immediacy of blogging was a big push. After meeting Andrea Kreuzhage (the producer and blogger) and Ralph Kaechele (DP), reading the production blog became even more fascinating. (I shall not revisit the horror I felt being filmed. I'm just glad it's behind me!)

Here I am, making my first entry and wondering if I'll like it, if I will keep at it, where it might go and what this journey will be like.

No comments: