Sunday, July 09, 2006

Big Day in Edmonds

Nonie's real estate agent called last night and arranged to show her a condo today. The long and short of it is...she made an offer. The offer has been accepted, pending financing. Nonie will have to make arrangements tomorrow with Tom, but it looks like a done deal. The price was right, the location was more than right, there is enough storage for even all of Nonie's boxes and treasures and the view is stunning. She wants to be closer to her family and we are certainly all down in this neck of the woods, not up north where she is all alone. Since she's retired, for all intents and purposes, it seems like the right time and the right thing for her to do. Please keep your fingers crossed for her. It's everything she wanted, and more.

The shoe photo that opens this addition is something I did at Anna's, the last time class met. We spent most of the day doing drawings of shoes. Anna had each of us bring at least one pair of shoes, and she added quite a few of her own so we had quite a collection from which to choose. I had gotten rather bored with repeated attempts at drawing the shoes with graphite sticks so when we switched to Caran d'Arche watercolor crayons I was much happier. It was a very hot afternoon and we were working in Anna's backyard and my crayons began to melt and fall apart in my hands as I used them. Instead of getting frustrated and anal, which would be my usual response when my tools weren't working properly, I just went with it and worked very fast and very loose. I am quite pleased with the result. I find that they look more like Dutch wooden shoes to me than the Moroccan slippers they really are, but since I was at Anna's and Will's presence is so strong there now, perhaps I was feelilng Will more than I realized.

Still waiting for all the tests to be done on Will at the medical center in Kelowna. Once the results are in I gather that a decision about treatment options can be made. At least Will seems to be feeling very positive. Bernice is holding up well, too. I am keeping them in my heart. What a sad, sad thing this cancer diagnosis is. As it always is, for anyone.

I did a little six by six portrait last weekend while I was up at Grant Creek. It was fun and I'm (moslty) happy with the results. Fun to do and fast. Well, fast for me. It took the better part of a day, I guess, spread out over two days of actual painting. I am still fine tuning it, but it's pretty much done. It amazes me that I can do this. As Connie keeps saying, "Who knew?" Who knew, indeed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: