Monday, June 01, 2009

The Many Moods of the Caribbean



Finally.

I know, I know, it's taken forever for me to get any of my photos from the Caribbean cruise I took in March posted to this blog.....

It took me a looooooooong while to edit all my 1500+ photographs. I have culled and tweaked and cropped and now they are ready to share. I hate photo editing. It's boring. It takes forever----but it makes such a difference in the final product that it is worth the effort and time required. Even so, I hate it. BORRRRRRRRRiiinnnnnngggggggg......

The above photos are of what is known in my family as God Light. I love the way the beams of sunlight stream down through the clouds. It's dramatic. Very diva-ish. "I'm ready for my close up, Mr. de Mille."
Then we have the sunset section. The Caribbean does offer up some truly spectacular sunsets. I found the the deck of a three masted sailing ship was the perfect place to appreciate the varied sunsets in all their glory. I even saw the green flash three times in two weeks! That's my personal best. Three times!


And then, the lovely nights when the moon was visible. Most nights the moon shone brightly on the Caribbean waters. It was heaven to see stars and the moon and clear skies after months of the Pacific Northwest gloom and gray and wet.

I will be posting many more photos in the coming days. I'm going to try and put them into groups so it will make some sort of sense without having to drag you, Dear Reader, through a day by day tour. I hope this is more interesting. That is my intention, but should this seem unorganized and confusing, do let me know and I'll try sharing my photos and memories with you in another way.

4 comments:

diane b said...

WOW! They were worth waiting for. Lovely sky shots. I have never heard of green flashes before that was interesting.
Looking forward to your next issue of interesting shots.

Joan Tucker said...

I love the photos and they do not bore me; post lots!!!
Your adventure must have been delicious.

Joan T

Michelle said...

The sunsets are hauntingly beautiful...

mary ann said...

oh michele DO post more about your trip. i wanna see your room on board!!! did you get sea sick? it looks BEYOND beautiful. seeing those views in person would have made me boo hoo. yes they would...