Saturday, April 14, 2012

First Half Africa Journal Pages


I know there are a few of you, Dear Readers, who are interested in my travel journals.  For those of you, here is the first of two installments showing the journal pages.  For those of you who could care less, sorry!  Move on!



As always, I worked on my journal while I was traveling, trying to do each day as it came.  I didn't always manage that, depending on schedules, but I did it as close to the day as possible.  I like the immediacy I get in my writing when it's something that has just happened, not something I am writing about days later.



I get my journals from a wonderful bookmaker on Etsy.  Elvie Studio  makes wonderful little journals that are about 6.5 inches on a side and filled with lovely hotpress watercolor paper.  The covers are plain white paper and I always cover mine to match the trip they will record.  This time I found some fabric at the quilt shop that was perfect for an African journal.



I love to use my Pogo Printer for adding photos as I travel.  I've written about it before.  It's small and easy to pack and uses 2 x 3 inch paper that works like a sticker, with adhesive on the back so you just peel and stick.  So easy and so useful to journalers.






 I couldn't travel journal without my glue stick.  I save bit and pieces of this and that, the sort of thing travelers accumulate....receipts, business cards, pamphlets....and stick them into my journal as mementos.  I usually have a collection of tea bag wrappers, because I find the different teas I get around the world are interesting to remember.





 I also buy a few postcards and stick them into the journals.  If I am running out of room, I can tape in a postcard and write on the back, thereby adding a page and a photo.  It's an inexpensive way to expand the write-able area in my journal.





I'll bore you all with the second half of my journal pages soon.

1 comment:

diane b said...

You know that I just love your Journals and I'm envious. It is so good to be able to keep it up to date while travelling. I usually scribble something every night but I never seem to have time to add the extras and turn it into a work of art. You were brave to go on a Balloon Safari.