Wednesday, May 02, 2012

The Santa Monica Pier



Last Saturday I spent the day with my daughter, son-in-law and their two children at the Santa Monica Pier.  I haven't spent much time in Los Angeles and environs in my lifetime and had never been to the Pier.  It was great fun!  I had (almost) as much fun as my grandchildren.

 


For someone who loves bright colors and taking photographs of shapes and forms, it was a veritable feast of a place.


The day was perfect....75 degrees, sunny skies and a lovely on shore breeze.



The children rode the rides.  We all had lunch at a pretty fine Mexican restaurant at the end of the pier.  We went to the aquarium and saw all sorts of fishy things.  (The jellies were especially lovely to my eye.)  Ice cream was enjoyed.  Playing on the sand was fun.  Soaking up some sunshine was much appreciated by my old bones.  It was a lovely day.




My granddaughter, minus some front teeth, agrees.  It was a fine day!

No comments: