Friday, October 07, 2011

Double Double


Today was a good day, a very good day.  I am in Southern California visiting with my daughter and her family.  It's always a treat to be able to spend time with the grandchildren, but if I were to be totally honest, there is one over-riding, completely compelling reason to travel from the Pacific Northwest to Southern California.  And that reason is simple.  We do not have In-N-Out restaurants where I live.  It is very sad but we do not.

There are TWO HUNDRED AND FIVE In-N-Out outlets in California and NOT ONE in Washington state.  Is this fair, I ask you?  NO, it is NOT.


We went to In-N-Out for dinner this evening.  My grandchildren both have their favorite meals, which they got.  Their mommy has her favorite, also.  And Gramma Gramma (that's me) has hers, too,  and they fixed it exactly the way I love it.  Lots of "fresh" onions, not raw onions, but "fresh."  You can have your onions "grilled" or "fresh", or not at all, if that's your choice.  You can only order a hamburger, or a cheeseburger, fries and drinks at In-N-Out.  That's it.  Believe me, you have to understand that they have got that limited menu down.


The burgers are so good that if you even look like you might be thinking about taking a tiny little nibble of your granddaughter's hamburger (ketchup only), you will get a very suspicious look and she will turn away so you can't lunge at her and grab her food away.


My very own daughter (Ungrateful Wretch) will taunt you with the last french fry......


.....and my grandson will gobble up his cheeseburger, from safely across the table, where I couldn't reach it.

I understand they open at 10:30.  Anyone want to meet me there for breakfast?

1 comment:

Grove Street Journal said...

I'm glad you got your In N Out. I know how much you were looking forward to it!